As an Actuary you will support the global pricing function in developing pricing across HSB’s product segments in the Personal, Commercial, and Specialty insurance space. You will also be responsible for assisting in the development of rates, strategies, product development, forecasting, and other analytical research through the usage of actuarial and statistical methods. In addition, you will work with underwriting, regulatory, claims and engineering units to ensure technical expertise is fully leveraged in the development of and use in pricing models and that products perform as desired in the broader market. In this role you will also have the opportunity to assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related fields requiring modeling, programming or quantitative analysis or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience doing actuarial work in the insurance or reinsurance industries.
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS/FCAS).
- In depth knowledge of actuarial models, standard actuarial techniques particularly around pricing in the personal and commercial lines markets.
- Understanding client and market dynamics, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of primary and non-traditional reinsurance/alternative market.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite and actuarial modeling software used for reserving, ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis (as appropriate).
- Attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills, to include prioritizing and bringing about decisions.
- Self-driving and proactive.
- Ability to train others and pass on expertise.
- Work well both independently and in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work in an environment that constantly changes.
|We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.|
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Hartford Steam Boiler
United States of America