Facilitate the development of business processes and associated application functionality by partnering with business representatives to elicit requirements. Leverage technical knowledge and relevant industry and BA discipline best practices to document general and user-specific business requirements. Work closely with technical resources on the design and development of related software functionality. Perform technical issue research and facilitate resolution, lead process improvement projects and activities in support of business initiatives. Support and assist with planning, coordination and execution User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure solutions delivered meet business needs. May also participate in the preparation and delivery of training materials and work with cross-functional teams to help investigate and resolve system-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Business Process and IT Systems Analysis including requirements definition.
- Insurance and/or service delivery industry experience or experience working with insurance systems.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Business Analyst methodologies, tools and techniques applicable to requirements definition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation and organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, collaboration, diplomacy and conflict management.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional integrated team.
- Ability to articulate and translate ideas and concepts into solid business requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate to both business and technical experts at various levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and behaviors.
- Understands project plans and the system development lifecycle and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio,OneNote).
- Business Analyst training or certification (CCBA, CBAP).
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of HSB Engineering systems or similar systems/products.
- Knowledge of Munich Re global and HSB IT local service offerings available to the business.
- Knowledge of HSB’s policies, products, processes, and associated business practices and principles.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Hartford Steam Boiler
United States of America