We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This position is a member of the Strategic Analysis and Reporting Team within the Corporate Reserving department. This position will primarily be responsible for coordinating the quarterly and annual statutory reporting and risk control testing for Corporate Reserving. Has responsibility for continuous improvement efforts and adherence to controls.
Major responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the completion of quarterly and annual statutory, GAAP, and IFRS reporting requirements for Corporate Reserving. Including, but not limited to, Schedule P, Schedule F, Notes, state data calls, tax, and IRIS ratios.
- Complete assigned quarterly and annual reporting tasks. Includes data preparation, analysis, adherence to controls, and documentation.
- Coordinate annual review of Internal Control System and MARSOX testing for Corporate Reserving.
- Perform FS-RI Segment Administrator tasks. Includes assignment of treaties, creation and maintenance of pseudo treaties, and quality control review of treaty assignments.
- Create new, modify and enhance existing processes and associated templates/files/data with limited guidance in response to changing requirements and to create efficiencies.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field.
- Four or more years of (re)insurance experience.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite applications. Apply more advanced and innovative techniques in worksheets and other applications as appropriate for functional area.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong process improvement acumen
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight time frames
- Able to manage and coordinate own projects using multiple resources.
- Knowledge of insurance company processes and functions. Ability to develop relationships in the organization.
- Ability to apply judgment and problem solving skills to address complex issues.
Munich Re America Services
United States of America