New York, NY, USA
FactSet (NYSE:FDS | NASDAQ:FDS) delivers superior analytics, service, content, and technology to help more than 85,000 users see and seize opportunity sooner. We are committed to giving investment professionals the edge to outperform, with fresh perspectives, informed insights, and the industry-leading support of our dedicated specialists. We're proud to have been recognized with multiple awards for our analytical and data-driven solutions and repeatedly ranked as one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom and France.
FactSet has a global content contribution team that manages the relationships with the various providers to create a market-leading buy & sell-side research platform for the investment industry. The individual will work closely on expanding the required data and reports for our content organization and related business units to advance FactSet’s offerings for investment professionals. Sales ability will be a critical part of the role along with teamwork and the understanding of the impact the content has on FactSet’s solutions. As we continue growing our content sets, the Broker Relations Manager may also responsible for obtaining other valuable forms of content - such as economic data, commodities data, transaction data, estimates and research.
Within the content contribution team, the Broker Relations Manager will be responsible for managing key new contributors adding new and historical coverage for fund data in the United States. This is a sales and relationship role which requires prospecting for new content and fostering existing relationships to enhance current contribution where possible. The Broker Relations Manager is responsible for both Content Procurement and Relationship Management. In order to opportunistically manage the goals, it is critical to efficiently manage contact information and summarize conversations within the available tools. The Relations Manager will provide input for Product Development, Support as well as other sales groups and helps in developing ways to improve our coverage and provide more information to our clients.
More specifically, this position includes the following functions:
- Manage and develop the growing list of contributors.
- Run the sales process for gaining contribution from a target firm within the assigned territory. This will include client meetings, follow-up and contract negotiations as required.
- Assist contributors with user training and support on requests to view and QA the content.
- Build expertise within the various content sets; become an authority in the industry.
- Work with Sales / Consultants and continue the build-out value added services to Fund contributors.
- Collaborate with FactSet’s Content Collection teams to deliver new content sets and to improve existing ones.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with at least some client-facing experience
- Experience working in fund collection would be a valuable skill set but not a requirement.
- Broad understanding of the financial industry with an interest in learning distribution of financial information.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and communicate client needs/enhancements.
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues, replicate the problem and communicate the issue in writing to the appropriate contacts at FactSet to correct the issue.
- Willingness to travel (low amount of time to as required).
- Language skills to include English. Additionally, Spanish or French could become valuable as collection efforts expand in the Americas. At this time they are not requirements.
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity