New York, NY, USA
Research Strategic Business Unit’s (SBU) Engineering is responsible for FactSet’s industry leading Market Data, deep-dive Reporting and Research management products highlighting FactSet’s proprietary content to the global financial community. These products are used by thousands of Asset Managers, Investment Bankers and Corporate clients around the world every day to assist with investment decisions, market monitoring, company and economic analysis and sharing of buy/sell decisions and the presentation of results.
We are seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer responsible for architecting, developing and managing our microservice architecture using data storage/retrieval solutions that serve as the backbone for the Signals and Insights project. The project seeks to drive user action by delivering via an API, specific insights out of our collected, derived, and partnered content. We are looking for a hand-on technical lead who is a strong communicator with big data and microservices experience to help manage the development path for our project.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Architect and develop for large scale microservices architecture utilized by our APIs.
- Define and help develop architecture for our data storage and data retrieval be used by internal applications and direct client via API requests.
- Become an expert on FactSet’s existing data storage infrastructure currently in place that could benefit our Digital Transformation work, with an eye toward overlap and opportunities for shared infrastructure.
- Collaborate with QA teams and developers to facilitate QA automation for these services and APIs.
- Act as a technical lead and mentor, who also influences the team by example through strong individual contributions.
- Code reviews and approving code submissions.
- Potential to manage a small existing team comprising of senior software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of industry Software development experience.
- Experience with data storage and retrieval solutions using SQL.
- Experience in working with RESTful API.
- Experience with AWS s3 buckets and lambda functions.
- Experience with microservice architecture deployable through containerized deployment solutions like Heroku.
- A self-starter comfortable with iteration and ideation.
- Ability to manage complexity and build trust and credibility with senior leaders and key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will exemplify the essential leadership behaviors that FactSet has identified as critical to our future growth and corporate culture:
- Operates with Enterprise Mindset
- Leads with Courage and Decisiveness
- Is an Outside-in, Market-Focused Innovation Leader
- Demonstrates a Strategic/Tactical Balance
- Builds Collaborative and Trusting Relationships
- Embraces and Drives Change
To find out more about opportunities at FactSet, visit us at , , or .
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity