POSITION OVERVIEWGuidewire's Customer & Cloud Operations team is a pivotal part of Guidewire's success, has a start-up culture within a global public company, and is growing fast. We use our immense knowledge of Guidewire products (gained through company sponsored training), and our ability to read and write Java and SQL, to delight customers with our problem-solving skills and customer service approach.
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovate products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
We’re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to deliver quality products and support as we are. Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You’ll be inspired by those around you, and you’ll be trusted and empowered to go further.
Guidewire’s CASE team (Customer Application Support Engineering) is part of the Customer & Cloud Operations (CCO) organization, delivering 24x7 service to customers who are using Guidewire software both on-premise and in the Guidewire Cloud.
As an Application Engineer, you will be part of a team of Application Engineers in a regional “pod” that serves specified Guidewire customers. You will lead and mentor other team members as well as provide expert troubleshooting, problem remediation, system restoration, and root cause analysis for all assigned cases.
This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility for customer success. Application Engineers in the CASE team are expected to be highly responsive and resourceful to manage customer production issues in a timely manner. The successful candidate will be skilled developing and maintaining professional relationships with peers as well as colleagues across departments and geographic locations.
The engineer will have a set schedule that will comprise five shifts per week which will include two on Saturday and Sunday. In support of a flexible working arrangement, the remaining three shift schedule can be discussed during the interview process.
- Case Resolution
- Research, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate to high complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with CASE team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for support cases where and when required
- Escalate customer issues to the CASE Manager as appropriate
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in after-hours weekend deployments and on-call support as needed
Knowledge ManagementDevelop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product areaContribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customerCreate knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammatesContribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership
Customer ManagementPartner with Guidewire delivery teams to understand each customer’s business objectives and integration requirements, and rationalize those against established best practices you learn through your experience and that of your peers to ensure successful Guidewire Cloud-hosted customer solutionsContribute to technical assessments of incoming Guidewire Cloud-hosted solutions, ensuring that pre-production customer solutions meet our security and performance criteria and adhere to our coding standards
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Additional European languages preferred
About GuidewireGuidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.