Do you want to join one of the leading design consultancies? Can you add to our success by production of high-quality 3D BIM Models in Civil3D for Marine Structures projects, whilst also developing your career and reputation? Do you hold a degree in Civil Engineering? Then join us in designing the future.
JOIN OUR MARINE DEPARTMENT IN CHENNAI
The Marine department of COWI, India is undertaking projects from both international and domestic markets and offers a comprehensive range of consulting services related to the development of ports, harbours, coastal and marine structures etc. COWI Marine department is supporting their clients to draw a detailed picture of any consequences on the built and natural environment arising from the development/installation of any port, marine, coastal project.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL WITHIN A TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position you will join our global team of experts and work closely with Specialist, your finest task in our team will be production of high-quality 3D BIM Models in CIVIL 3D for marine structures including piled jetties, retaining structures like diaphragm walls, sheet pile walls, embankments, steel structures, breakwaters and revetments etc.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be involved in Clash detection and coordination of 3D models prepared in various software (Civil 3D/Tekla and Revit) with Navisworks and other coordination software
- Understand BIM execution plan and implement it on project
- Coordinate with internal and external design engineer for the information required to prepare BIM and generate drawings and quantities
- Generate 4D construction sequence in Navisworks
- Perform and document quality checks at each stage of submissions drawings and Quantities/BOQ
- Be responsible for doing estimation, planning and tracking of the project
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best, and extend your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development, and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player, be structured and detail orientated, self-motivated, and be able to work under your own initiative. You are tech savvy and has aptitude for learning on the job.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a Diploma / B.Tech in Civil Engineering and come with 3-8 years of total work experience with atleast 3 yrs. in Civil 3D.
- Have strong 3D visualization capabilities
- Have extensive knowledge in CIVIL 3D Model preparation & extraction of 2D drawings using CIVIL 3D
- Have strong skills in using Navisworks, Infraworks along with-it you have strong skill to create parametric subassemblies.
- Have extensive experience in BIM process - creating and updating projects in BIM and updating model contents to support on-going designs
Below mentioned skills will be given an added advantage:
- Expertise in using Dynamo with Revit or Civil3D
- Ability to create high quality 3D visualisations for infrastructure projects and renderings using 3DStudioMax, Enscape, VRay or similar tools
- Knowledge of marine structures
- Experience in Revit structure, Navisworks, Auto CAD
- Working knowledge of Microstation 3D/Inroads
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your CV and application as soon as possible as the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.