Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you lead projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN SEATTLEWith over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas, and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTSIn this position as Senior Bridge Engineer, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with the professional engineers and will report under the Seattle Office Manager. Your primary task in our team will be to provide detailed engineering and project management on numerous bridge design projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Lead project teams in structural analysis, design, evaluation and preparation of calculations and drawings and also supervise, coordinate, and review the work of other structural engineers
- Prepare engineering reports along with standard documents, such as technical specifications, per applicable design codes, and also work plans, schedules, and budgets
- Research and review design options for both technical and financial impact
- Liaise with other professionals, clients, and third parties as needed
- Assist with preparation of proposals and participate in business development activities together with performing other duties
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best. To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have the ability to work collaboratively with staff located remotely.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a minimum Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, with 10 + years of related experience in Bridge Design and Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Have strong technical expertise and experience in the design and construction of bridges and working with modern bridge design codes
- Be registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in WA, or should have the ability to obtain, and on track to obtain a Structural Engineering license
- Be experienced with 3D structural modeling with analysis software such as CSI Bridge, Sofistik, and ADINA
- Conduct site visits during construction and prepare associated observation reports as required
- Have experience with preparing proposals, leading in business development will be an asset