Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you add to our success with your strong planning and organizational skills. Do you possess the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines? If so, then this could be the next step in your career!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN HALIFAXWith over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas, and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTSIn this position, you will join our global team of experts and work directly with the CAD Manager. Your primary task in our team will be to provide Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) detailing expertise on numerous bridge design projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Prepare engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross-sections and details of bridge, marine and tunnel structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures
- Perform design/drafting assignments under the supervision of CAD Managers and/or Engineers
- Operate plotter and printers to produce drawing sets and other items as needed
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers
- Work closely with mentors to ensure the quality of detailing is consistent with the Company's production and design standards
- Perform other duties as required
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be able to work independently and as a part of the team as well as have strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
Furthermore, you should:
- Have technical or vocational school education with an emphasis in CAD, or equivalent industry experience in drafting or bridge design
- Preferably be proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation with 3D modelling as well as in Civil 3D, Revit and/or Tekla
- Have demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Possess strong independent decision-making skills with an awareness of when to draw on others’ experience and knowledge
- Be able to work with staff located remotely
- Working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques preferred