B - USA - CA - Rialto - 1660 North Linden Ave
Job Type:100% Reimbursed
Job Posting Title:Control Systems Engineer
Job Description Summary:Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Controls Systems Engineers!
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineering team plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Seeking a proactive automation controls and technical support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
- Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's
- Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned building
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance
- Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
- Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams
- Handle flexible work load which may come from management or FC operations
- Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required
- Provide weekly site controls reliability information to AE central team
- Travel up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related engineering OR 5+ years of equivalent professional or military experience.
- Experience with electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment
- Knowledge on programming software such as RSLogix5000 studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms
- Knowledge of Robotics work cells and its control systems
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Knowledge or Warehouse Management System Software Concepts and messaging protocols
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings
- Experience identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems and KPIs
- Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Systems controls design or programming experience
- Systems integration experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Proven history of remote technical phone support
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.