About Sony Music EntertainmentSony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
OverviewWe need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Gameplay Engineer will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems and tools for immersive media content creation.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems and tools that power immersive music experiences.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code that is scalable and cross platform.
- Develop and maintain tools and technology for specific project requirements as needed.
- Support the engineering team with a core focus on innovation, quality and efficiency in programming, process and feature implementation.
- Collaborate with designers to encourage tight cooperation between design and code.
- Implement technology, architecture, optimization and processes that demonstrates expert knowledge of modern video game development.
- Identify technical risks and technological advances and adapt accordingly to keep both team and product development on track and operational at all times.
- Develop designs and tests that enable new features without sacrificing existing functionality.
- Build and optimize code that performs well on the target hardware, meeting and/or exceeding design requirements
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines as a true team player; contribute to a positive working environment
- 3+ years of gameplay engineering experience with at least one shipped AAA title within the game industry.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine and C++ with solid code architecture skills
- Expert in video game technology, optimization, and development.
- Ability to predict and solve complex technical development issues on a product-wide scale.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Strong leadership qualities and capabilities.
- Self-motivated with drive for excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives – a team player is essential.
- Experience in networking, and game server sharding a plus.
- Passion for music a big plus.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.