Ashburn, VA US
Ashburn, VA US
Job DescriptionAre you tired of working to patch legacy applications and ready to put your knowledge, skills and experience to work building a true modern application that is new development, cloud native, working in a SecDevOps environment including real Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, in a consistent Agile Software Development Framework? CACI is currently looking for Product Architect with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity. ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial. You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you’ll get to do:Serve as Product Architect providing high-level architectural and software engineering expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Responsible for technical activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects
- Champions all aspects of the enterprise architecture function including architectural standards, governance processes, and provides the vision to explore and effectively utilize emerging technologies * Collaborates with end user facing teams to define technology migration strategies and approaches
- Performs Architecture reviews as required, ensuring initiatives are aligned with future state
- Architecting solutions in a Multi-Tenant Cloud Architecture that will support legacy .NET, Java, and COTS client/server applications
- Advocates effective architectural designs and optimizes current architecture and processes
- Identifies risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns
- Active participation in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving schedule, technologies, methodologies, tools and solution components
- Responsible for defining the baseline and direction of a Product baseline (Architecture, COTS, Application, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Manage and define Technical Build & Deployment Requirements.
- Act as a champion of DevSecOps and Test automation within a product team.
- Develop product teams technical skills through mentoring, coaching, and peer reviews.
- Define and oversee technical and agile best practices within the team
- Review Cybersecurity Assessments and Static Code Analysis of developed software to define remediation's and improve software quality.
- Define product Smoke-Test cases to ensure automated deployment tests encapsulate necessary tests to ensure successful performance
- Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments, Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Manages a team with a focus on policy, implementation of strategic initiatives and execution of day to day deliverables.
- Establishes team objectives, operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function or completion of a project.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years experience related to the role.
- Professional experience operating within cross-functional teams and groups.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in incremental software development projects such as the Agile Scrum approach
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
You are good at:
- Expertise with multi-tiered application architectures, including Oracle RDBMS, and legacy systems modernization
- Experience in systems development, systems integration, application design and/or legacy
- Experience in Java, Web Services, MicroServices & client/server architecture.
- Experience with building large Enterprise applications which will involve a single UI with multiple Microservices.
- Experience in the agile management framework
- Effectively resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur, consistently following through on details while driving innovation as well as issue resolution
- Collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers, and Production Support Engineers to implement innovative technical solutions via iterative approach reducing time to delivery
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong written and verbal communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
Bonus would be having:
- Experience in Continuous integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) as well as SecDevOps processes and tools
- Experience with implementing or migrating to a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) environment
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting creativity, and resourcefulness
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Ashburn-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.