Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Nike European Headquarters serves athletes* across the whole of EMEA. We are looking for engaging and diverse students that are willing to join our team for a 12-month internship starting August 1st. Our ideal candidate will possess great communication skills, show willingness to learn and is not afraid of challenges. Our internships allow students to be fully immersed in meaningful work that impacts the future of the business. To be successful in the role our interns must be self-starters who are willing to drive innovation in order to win as a team.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As an Advanced Analytics intern, your tasks will vary from assessing data and presenting recommendations to the business. You will get to join either one of our Supply Chain teams or support our Consumer Analytics function depending on your experience and interests. You will be the initial link between the analysts and the data sources by creating, maintaining, and updating reports. You will partner with different stakeholders from across the business to drive decision making based on data.
- Reporting and analyzing business performance;
- Creating, maintaining, and updating a set of periodical reports;
- Answer data requests from analysts while working with different analytics tools (SQL, Tableau and R);
- Gaining insights from data and presenting recommendations to cross-functional partners;
- Developing capabilities in the area of descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytics;
- Generating data visualizations that help in communicating actionable insights.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3rd/4th year Bachelor or Master Degree student within Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology, Consumer Sciences, or other related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong technical and analytical skills and excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; SQL, Tableau, R, Python, RapidMiner, or web analytics are a plus;
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypothesis, perform rigorous analysis, and make intuitive recommendations;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work in complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Academic, volunteering, or previous internship experiences related to Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering or Consumer Analytics are a plus (please include in your CV);
- A global mindset and ideally a passion for sport.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
- Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
- Be available for a 12 month full- time internship starting August 1st, 2020
Please be advised that if you don’t meet all of the above criteria, we won’t be able to consider you for this internship.
Start Date: August 1st, 2020
End Date: August 13th, 2021
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV in English by March 25th, 2020
(Please be advised, if we reach maximum capacity before that we will close applications earlier.)
Successful candidates will be contacted by mid-April for the first stage of the selection (digital assessment). The final round of interviews will take place throughout May.
Please note: We recommend that you only apply for the position you believe you are most suited to, if your skillset is more suitable to a different role we will consider your application for this position also.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.