We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Account Analyst Intern (Account Management) – Position in Munich
Account Analyst Interns serve in a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of supporting the servicing of PIMCO’s Institutional clients. The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. Interns gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients.
Portfolio Analyst Intern
- Positions are located in Munich
The Portfolio Analyst Intern will serve in a dynamic role working alongside Senior Portfolio Associate(s) in providing key support across portfolio management and trading desks. Primary learning opportunities of the role include global portfolio risk reporting, attribution analysis, trade allocation and other ad hoc excel based deliverables.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training in our London office. The Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, building a rigorous learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with an experienced professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
The internship provides an excellent opportunity to develop important partnerships through cross-department training and a reciprocal team project. Throughout the course of the summer, the analyst will be encouraged to showcase an understanding of advanced fixed income concepts and general portfolio management concepts, while operating in a high performance environment. In preparation for the internship, analysts will receive preparation materials intended to supplement Fundamentals training, and related product knowledge.
Summer Program Details:
- Commences June 2020, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
- Applicants should submit their CV & cover letter once for consideration for all roles described above. We will determine fit based upon background and skill requirements.
- If you have a particular interest in one of the roles listed please specify the reasons why in your cover letter.
- Geographic preference? Please indicate location in your cover letter.
- Please submit your CV and cover letter through our website.
- We reserve the right to review applications, interview and extend offers prior to the application deadline.
- Penultimate year of study with an anticipated graduation date December 2020 – June 2021.
- Expected minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) at an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in English. Proficiency in additional European languages highly desirable, specifically German skills for the Account Analyst role
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Shown proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, reciprocal, organised, self-starter, accountable, flexibility to adapt in a changing environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office