Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ: CAR) is a leading global provider of mobility solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry through Avis, Budget and Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network. Together our brands offer a range of options, from car and truck rental to on-demand car sharing that bring vehicles closer to where and when customers need them, by the minute, the hour, one-way, daily, weekly and months-long reservations. Our brands represent a mobility ecosystem of more than 11,000 locations in approximately 180 countries. With more than 70 years of experience in managing global fleets and with one of the largest fleets of connected cars in the world, we are committed to innovation and are moving the future of mobility forward.
About the role of UK Payroll Manager
This role has responsibility for the leadership of the payroll function in the UK, which covers a number of entities and circa 1500 employees. You will also be responsible for the line management of two Payroll Administrators.
You will be accountable for the overall end to end process of payroll including monthly, and weekly pay cycles, as well as managing and calculating payroll tax and superannuation processes and payments.
As our in-house expert, you will be knowledgeable on PAYE, maternity/paternity, and salary sacrifice arrangements, and will need to ensure that this knowledge is spread across the team.
- Manage, Coach and Develop the Payroll team, ensuring quality and consistency, ensuring they are kept fully informed and engaged with department and company initiatives and changes
- Ensure that the company’s obligations in all areas such as tax, pension and payroll compliance are fully met
- Manage the end-to-end payroll cycle.
- Manage the relationship with service providers externally including ADP (outsourced Payroll Solution), Kronos (Time & Attendance System) and any other relationships or services in use
- Ensure a high standard of service is delivered to all internal/external customers to deliver accurate and timely end to end payroll is processed
- Ensure all payroll queries are responded to in a professional and timely manner
- Calculate and process termination payments including superannuation, leave entitlements and/or redundancy payments
- Produce end-of-month payroll reporting including GL reconciliation and customised report writing as required
- Manage legislative and statutory requirements.
- Lead on payroll related projects and drive on delivery and timelines
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and team support
- Work with company and external auditors ensuring compliance with and adherence to audit and security policies
- Help drive a policy of continuous improvement on all processes and systems
- Previous experience working with Kronos, Workday and ADP highly advantageous
- Solid experience as a manager, including leading, motivating and developing a small team
- Hands on experience of working in a high volume, payroll environment for a large organisations with multiple entities in the past
- Detailed knowledge of PAYE, pension, and payroll regulations and practices
- The ability to effectively solve problems, and instil changes to prevent future reoccurrences
- Advanced Excel skills; with the ability to create reports and manipulate data
- Confidence to chair meetings and document output accurately and follow up on that output
- Ability to make decisions and drive through solutions.
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels from Senior Director to rental station operative
- Flexible and Adaptable
We are looking for the very best talent to help us shape the future of mobility. If you are interested, please apply now!