Do you enjoy creating drawings and models using CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer)?
Do you have a strong knowledge of drafting standards?
Are you an expert CAD user?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we would like to speak with you!
The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate is seeking a CAD technical support engineer in the Mechanical Design Integrity Department. The candidate will perform a wide variety of design tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations. They will solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures with minimal direction or supervision. The candidatewill use Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare mechanical design layouts, detail and assembly drawings and models (including but not limited to packaging, mechanisms, and castings) and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. The candidate will also be responsible for control and release of drawings/models using data management tools such as Windchill.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Minimum of two (2) years of mechanical design experience; may include areas such as electrical/mechanical packaging, harnessing, structures, cabling, surfacing and mechanisms
- Experience using CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool
- Experience with Windchill data management (PDM) tool
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizenship is required
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
- Candidate will be able to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements
- Candidate will have an understanding of basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation
- Technical knowledge to perform tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other preforms, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other tasks
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and able to interpret the effect it has on the part
- Candidate will have knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting, modeling and design development/revision
- Candidate will be able to interpret, apply, and make decisions regarding the application of documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-31000, Y14.5M, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and use internal tools
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills, ability to work well with others including customers and suppliers
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a professional, positive, proactive attitude, strong customer focus, and a desire to help others
- Ability to recognize roadblocks/issues and elevate/suggest appropriate corrective action
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Working knowledge of:
- Raytheon Drafting Standards, Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation preparation
- Knowledge of RMS processes and procedures
- Machine shop and hand tools
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
Business Unit Profile
Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson Arizona, with over 13,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.