US, TX, Austin
We are looking for a Senior Verification Engineer, Compiler Performance:
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysis: Analyze performance degradation or functional defect of compilers, identify regression root cause, suggest corrective action, and perform reviews to continuously improve testing.
- Test Automation: Automate compiler testing using NVIDIA test frameworks and by programming. Includes test execution, test reporting, and results analysis and automation of build and test environments. Work with software compiler developers and assist in providing automated solutions for unit testing.
- Test Operations: Utilize test suites to find, report and track compiler performance changes. Work with development team to drive regressions to resolution. Generate statistics based on performance data, identify and investigate outliers and monitor performance trends. Maintain historical data and baselines for comparison.
- Compiler Test Development: Develop and review test plans, implement test cases, automate tests, integrate tests into NVIDIA test management frameworks, port 3rd party testing, and author test reports. May include integrating already existing tests into the compiler test automation.
- Process Improvement: Utilize current iterative planning and test development processes. As part of team, identify potential or observed weaknesses in current process, offer ideas for actions that can improve quality, and participate in quality initiatives.
What we need to see:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a software development or test organization.
- Deep understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), High-Performance Computing (HPC), and Software Testing Methodologies.
- Compiler Domain Expertise: You should understand how compilers work and how compilers are implemented. Proven strength in problem solving and implement solutions.
- Ability to work with various teams to generate a solution for performance regression and be productive under tight schedules, and have strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Be able to apply existing skills to new situations. Break large problems into smaller problems and further triage difficult performance regressions.
- You have experience writing test plans, test development, test automation, test execution and reporting in a production environment.
- Programming Languages: Have experience programming and/or testing in C/C++/CUDA as well as scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well organized.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- 5+ years’ experience testing production software. Preferably compiler or other system software.
- Previous compiler development and/or compiler verification/test or performance analysis experience.
- Experience with NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit, especially solving issues and debugging in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano and Torch, as well as many other deep learning applications will be a plus.
- Experience with revision control software and management tools, such as Git, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence and Make.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools for identifying and isolating out-of-bound behavior
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology industry's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and hardworking people in the world working with us and our product lines are growing fast in some of the hottest state of the art fields such as Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning and Autonomous Vehicles. NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.#deeplearning