Fuel Card Sales Executive (South-West, England)Reference ID132079BR_EN Updated23/01/2020 Employment TypeFull Time Experience levelExperienced Professionals
CountryUnited Kingdom City/StateLondon - Shell Centre Work LocationLondon - Shell Centre
The RoleWe’re seeking a sales professional who’s passionate about customer service and driving our commercial success with B2B customers. Here’s a great opportunity for you to join Shell, the original inventor of the fuel card, and be a part of a diverse and highly professional sales team striving to achieve more in a highly competitive market. If you want to grow your skills within a company full of possibilities, Shell Fleet Solutions team is a perfect place to start.
Where you fit
- For this field-based role, you would be home based and must live in South West England (you would be covering a territory from Reading up to Gloucester and down to Cornwall*
You’ll be part of the UK Shell Fleet Solutions (SFS) team which sits which is the B2B arm of our Shell Retail business. We pride ourselves that Shell invented the Fuel Card - EuroShell Card some 50 years ago as an effective means for our B2B partners to transact with Shell. Originally just for Fuel purchases, our product offer has diversified greatly over that time and additionally we offer control, convenience, savings and security to meet our growing customer needs. Every 3 seconds a EuroShell Card is swiped at a Retail site, our scale is exciting!
You would be part of our 12-people strong direct business sales team, most of the team being field-based across the UK with a few office-based account managers located in our head office Shell Centre in London. To describe the team in a few words, we operate in a trusting and open environment, whilst each team member portraying high levels of customer and commercial focus, with a great sense of accountability.
For this role you would-be home-based covering North East England and lower Scotland, you will have a supportive team around you who you will see face to face as often as possible.
What’s the role?
We’re seeking a self-starter to lead in this vital sales and relationship management role. You’ll have sole responsibility for your territory and will be protecting Shell’s value managing the relationships with some of our biggest and valuable customers but additionally, a significant focus will be on new business development. Your impact on Shell’s bottom line is tangible and highly valued.
You will be provided with a car to travel between locations to ensure that you can build strong lasting relationships and put our customers at the centre. Your diary is your responsibility, we give you the autonomy to control your own portfolio.
Your excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and passion for customer service will set you up for success. You’ll thrive as a team player and nurturing a range of trusted stakeholder relationships, at all levels, that deliver great results.
More specific duties include:
- Proactive customer account management, ensuring Shell is providing top level customer service vs our competitors and by ensuring that we are meeting our customers’ needs today and in the future.
- Spot and execute opportunities to grow market share including the development of innovative customer value propositions (CVPs). As these materialise, you will be conducting value led negotiations.
- Collaborating with the Shell team, sharing best practice as you go and developing others.
- Be a brand ambassador, clearing communicating the Shell CVP.
RequirementsWhat we need from you
Naturally, you’ll be a motivated self-starter with experience in a professional B2B sales environment. We expect that you live in territory - North East England or lower Scotland and are willing to travel regularly within that area, to do so, you must also have a valid UK drivers’ licence. Beyond that, we’re keen to talk to men and women with evidence of the following on your CV:
- A strong track record of relationship management both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, demonstrating that you can manage a complex portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
- Evidence of strong commercial ability, including understanding of customer operations and financial drivers.
- Passionate and curious to learn and continuously improve.
Company DescriptionAn innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United KingdomLondon - Shell CentreLondon - Shell Centre