AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Regional Senior Project Manager-The Regional Senior Project Manager position is responsible for achieving leading performance in planning and execution of capital projects through the deployment of highly efficient processes, regional capex portfolio management, embedding safety, integration of standardized tools and engaging cross functional teams.
Purpose of the Job
- Develop and maintain a 3 year regional capex plan for the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC).
- Manage the capex portfolio for the region including initiative prioritization, progress tracking and approval governance.
- Lead the Regional P&E team to implement established, standardized best in class project management and engineering processes, fostering a culture of engagement & motivation based on knowledge management and capability development.
- Lead the scoping and front end engineering phase to establish clear basis of design, basic engineering package and business case for investments >5million.
- Accountable for the management, selection and performance of 3rd party Engineering contractors to support the design and delivery of projects within the region.
Key Responsibilities1. Functional excellence:
- Executes functional excellence in the areas of functional disciplines (project management and engineering), HR, control, IM, IP, and standardization.
- Implements new policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems.
- Participates in and executes value improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
2. As a member of the Regional Manufacturing Leadership Team, contributes to the development of the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC)-Manufacturing functional excellence strategy, ensure alignment and feedback to relevant capex portfolio management and resourcing plans.
3. Establish and maintain a 3 year ISC capex portfolio for the region, in conjunction with the Manufacturing Leadership team, which is aligned to the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) strategy, overall AkzoNobel ambitions and legal compliance needs.
4. Ensure the application of LPM/Helios processes to all projects >1million across the region, including coaching and development of project managers, completion of toll gate review and actions closed out before AR of the next phase is issued.
5. Assure that technology, procurement and engineering standards are applied to all relevant capex projects in the region.
6. Manage identified projects in the region >5million.
7. Manage outsourced engineering and project management through selection of competent EPC(M) partners and manage their delivery of agreed project scope, timing and budget.
8. Lead a regional network of the site responsible engineers (SRE’s) to provide functional leadership, best practice deployment, knowledge sharing and capability building across the different engineering disciplines.
9. Delivery monthly capex reporting and forecasting for the region.
10. Be a role model in leadership and talent management through living AkzoNobel values, through coaching, mentoring and developing a strong talent bench for key positions in Integrated Supply Chain, enhancing talent development and engagement levels.
- 10+ years of experience in Operations & Capital Project/Portfolio Management.
- Has led more multiple major capex projects (>5million) involving multiple functions and multiple sites.
- Proven experience of managing EPC(M) engineering partners across a range of projects.
- Technical and scientific understanding (MEng level) in the areas of engineering.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and drive multi-disciplinary projects and multi-cultural teams with members having both direct and no direct accountability.
- People Management Experience.
- Excellent communicator, both in communication with specialists and with main stakeholders.
- Stress resistance, flexible, problem solving attitude.
- Good in writing and speaking English.
- Good understanding of external business trends to help drive internal strategies.
- Seen by others as credible, trustworthy and a promoter of new ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 2441