Job ID 286469BR
Position Title Head Project Controlling
Job DescriptionHead Project Controlling – Barcelona
Responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining a globally applicable set of project execution processes in support of efficient, effective and financially compliant delivery of Capital Projects (Capital Excellence) across the whole of Novartis TechOps.
Also responsible for ensuring the delivery of Project Controlling Services (Cost, Schedule, Risk, Change, Contracts) on all large investment ( >20MUSD) projects executed within Novartis Technical Operations.
To learn more about Novartis Spain, visit: http://www.novartis.es/
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for Project Execution Processes within NTO for Capital Project Delivery and delivers the tools, processes and training to ensure Capital Excellence above and at the sites
- Collaborates with NTO Finance BPA’s/ Controllers to ensure Project Controlling processes and the execution of projects (>20MUSD) are in full compliance with Financial Guidelines
- Collaborates with NTO Project Management to structure project investments (>20MUSD) to ensure the most effective Least Cost Scope, Execution Strategy, Resourcing, Costs and Timelines to meet the business requirements
- Manages Resource requirements and delivery of (Own and 3rd party) for Project Controlling (Project Control Managers, Schedulers, Contract Managers)
- Owns (in partnership with Finance) the Global Project Portfolio system for monthly reporting to NTO leadership on all investments (local / global),
- Support projects in partnership with NBS Procurement on set up and management of large engineering & trade contracts, and act as technical expert in support of claim management
- Act as the Business Owner for Portfolio Management and SAP PS systems. Take the lead role within Engineering to represent and deliver the Project Execution requirements within the business transformation to a new SAP Hana system.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
- Degree in Engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent with Project Management (e.g. PMP) and / or Project Controls Certification
- English language written and spoken is essential, others helpful
- >15 years of experience in Project Execution (Discipline / PM or PC) within Chemical / Pharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 5 years of Leadership experience in Project Management / Controlling management
- Excellent knowledge of the theory and application of all aspects of Project Execution, Project Controls and Contract Administration (NEC, FIDIC etc)
- Sound computer skills with particular emphasis on MS Project, Primavera P6, @Risk and SAP PS.
Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hours;
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Once your application has been received via our Novartis careers portal, your CV will be reviewed by our team of recruiters. If shortlisted, you can expect a call from an international number.
Division Novartis Technical Operations
Business Unit NTO ENGINEERING
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Farmacéutica, S.A.
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular