We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Position: Commodity lead buyer Cybersecurity and Software
Purpose of the Job:Leads all sourcing activities related to specific suppliers in his/her commodity at global level in order to allow to competitive bidding and on-time/on-budget deliveries for projects.
Mission:Deploy commodities strategy
Ensure project execution in line with QCD objectives
Pilot contractual relationships with suppliers for his/her scope on different sites
- Identification of project and business needs
- Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
- Negotiation of cost reduction with suppliers
- Inputs provider/contributor for order placement
- Ensure QCD targets achievement, CONQ** & claims management
- Lead supplier QCD performance reviews
- Management of initial issues before escalation to line manager
- Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines.
- Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
- Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Commodity representative
- According to delegation, lead commodity segments strategy
- Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions
- Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
. Maintain a network of buyers in different sites. Train them and follow up tender and projects
- Apply the Alstom Transport Sourcing process, and provide return on experience.
- Coordinate with local sourcing teams ASIP actions related to his/her commodity
Involvement in projects:
- Closely work with sourcing project representatives (Project Sourcing Manager, etc...)
- Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
- Ensure QCD targets
- Market trends knowledge and analysis
- Maintain CVA files
- Management of suppliers and finding new suppliers
- Participate in vendor selection, according to the purchasing strategy.
- Request deals for commodity selected suppliers.
- Analysis of offers and cost control
- Negotiating with suppliers in English
- Support buyers on site on making final decision and present BC for approval.
- Define specific contractual conditions in each case.
- Ordering made in time and quality
- Support department offers
- Continuous monitoring of suppliers (quality, time, price)
- Anticipation and troubleshooting
Educational requirements:Business school or Engineering degree. MASTER in purchasing desirable
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum of three years working experience in purchasing technology. Software, Networks, Servers or Signalling equipment
- Experience in purchasing telecom & security packages for Metro and/or Tramways projects is desirable.
- Fluent English & International background
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, ability to convince)
- High travel frequency
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.