Finance ManagerBellevue, Washington, United States
- Bellevue, Washington, United States
Save save Finance Manager to job cart
- Job number 750749
- Date posted Nov 30, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Finance
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft’s “Search, Ads and News” division is an exciting, fast growing business unit that is responsible for driving the company’s overall advertising strategy across Bing, MS News, Outlook and other first party and third party publishers. The group is responsible for delivering advertising that seek to empower our users by bringing them closer to the people and information that matter most to them. Bing is the single largest AI application from Microsoft presently.
The Finance team provides end-to-end support of the Bing, Bing Affiliate, Yahoo, MS News, and Native/Display Advertising with product analysis, forecasting, target setting, performance management and planning. We aim to be the trusted advisors to the various Product and Engineering groups in driving key business decisions. We also partner closely with the business development team to provide deal modeling and guidance across the entire MSFT publisher portfolio.
What we do:
- Financial and business health performance management
- Implementation & management of financial reporting systems
- Financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Partnering with a wide range of external partners and create risk-adjusted return scenarios to generate value for MSFT product portfolio on a sustainable basis
- Market analysis, competition analysis, earnings review and briefings
- ROB, target setting, budgeting, forecasting, scorecards, quarterly/monthly reporting
- Product analytics such as next wave product planning, Go To Market (GTM) programs & analytics
ResponsibilitiesThe responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Financial and business performance management, growing net revenue and margin as defined in fiscal year target goals.
- Enable business leaders to make well-informed decisions, as well as enhance planning and analysis to identify, develop and influence present and future opportunities by delivering insightful analyses to grow revenue and margin.
- Support ROB such as target setting, budgeting, forecasting, quarterly/monthly reporting, and scorecard management.
- Own financial deliverables associated with month-end close, forecasting, annual planning and financial reviews with business partners
- Proactive partnering with key stakeholders to deliver insightful financial and business analysis, highlighting business issues and driving financial discipline across the organization
- Develop a solid understanding of end to end processes, data flows and financial systems supporting business.
- Financial modeling, scenario analysis, and opportunity sizing
- Partner with the finance teams across the company during the annual and quarterly planning cycles
- Drive special projects as required
- BA/BS in Finance, Marketing or other related fields. MBA a plus
- 3+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis experience, with focus on delivering strategic projects a plus
- Experience forming cross-group and cross-functional partnerships to achieve goals with strong business partnering skills with ability to influence others and create impact without direct authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves rapidly
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Finance Manager to job cart