Job Summary:The ABC Owned Television Stations are comprised of eight TV Stations, consisting of individual station websites, multiple mobile and OTT apps, and numerous long form streaming video access points. Stations are located in NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, SF, Raleigh & Fresno. Group also supports Localish platforms and other distribution channels.
The Manager, Digital Sales Operations will lead the Account Management team to traffic, QA, optimize and report on all digital advertising campaigns. This person will help troubleshooting campaign set up and delivery issues, and will oversee the implementation and integration of new emerging tools and/or technologies that will enable the team to work effectively and efficiently as an organization. Individual will work with Local and National Sales and Product Management leadership teams to understand business needs and new technologies as related to current and future ad opportunities.
As new ad products, distribution channels, or changes to the website and apps are introduced, they will advise on operational impact and deploy new process to support.
In addition, Manager will assist the account managers with day-to-day ad operations. This will involve working with all local, national, and marketing and promotions teams across the DASL brand. They will onboard all new account manager and facilitate proper training on all tools and processes.
The Manager will also work to uphold strong working relationships with senior managers across DTCI to promote cross brand sales and process synergy.
- Support day-to-day operations, which may include, but are not limited to: troubleshooting 3rd party delivery, billing, optimizing under-delivering campaigns, or investigating live site issues.
- Provide leadership to digital ad operations team members. Onboard and manage between 5- 10 person team.
- Lead operational training initiatives on reporting, tracking, optimizing, and maintaining campaigns.
- Serve as main liaison between Sales Performance team and Sales, Ad Tech, and 3rd party vendors.
- Establish scalable processes, best practices, and SLAs as new products or vendors are on boarded. Enforce SLAs as related to plan creation, campaign launch, reporting, and billing; ensuring that all deliverables are on-time without sacrificing quality.
- Work with management, ad tech, legal, and analytics teams to develop reporting best practices from a technical and business perspective.
- Identify gaps in tools, information flow, communication and process and work with other managers for resolution.
- Build reporting tools and process to support requests from Sales Teams
- Recognize recurrent or potential issues and problems, and know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible.
- Build and maintain documentation related to all vendor and product offerings
- Attend industry events and bring back relevant information and best practices to the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of digital ad operations and/or project management experience
- Demonstrated record of success working with and leading teams locally and remotely
- Strong understanding of network design, OMS and ad server functionality, and executing display/ video campaigns.
- Expert knowledge of GAM, Operative One, and Excel.
- Proven success at multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to implement process and workflow across a scaling organization.
- Customer service focus and ability to drive change.
- Experience with ad trafficking in a web-based digital ad system
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups
- Ability to cultivate sales and client relationships
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and business strategy teams. At ease and credible with senior sales and agency executives
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines, communicating timelines and urgency effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience with 3rd party reporting dashboards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience using Sales Force, AdJuster
- Understanding of Nielsen DAR and comScore VCE
- Familiarity with database applications
- Experience training and/or managing team members
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.