PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer, Contract
Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)Do you have a passion for the latest cloud technologies and thrive in fun yet challenging environments? The DevOps team within our Client Engineering department plays a critical role in enabling our development teams to build great experiences for our customers. To support our next generation console development efforts, we are looking to expand the team by adding more DevOps Engineers.
In the role of DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for developing and supporting the tools and infrastructure used by our global frontend engineering teams. You will build and manage infrastructure, implement automation, develop and integrate tools, and provide operational support for a variety of devices and platforms essential to the next generation PlayStation experience including web, mobile and our game consoles.
- Manage infrastructure, both in the cloud and on-premise
- Facilitate the needs of dependent teams (engineering, QA, and operations) and work with external teams to achieve results under tight timelines
- Support production and non-production application environments
- Build tools that streamline development and deployment
- Work with diverse technology stacks
- Improve the auto-scaling capabilities of our environments
- Maximize the utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Collaborate with team members from our San Francisco and Japan offices
- You have 2+ years of experience in Software development and at least 1 year of experience working in AWS or other cloud environments
- You are well versed in generic system administration tasks
- You understand modern browser architecture and web development fundamentals
- You understand how computer networks work, in particular how large/complex Internet-connected systems work
- You have strong analytical and debugging skills
- You have worked with CI/CD pipelines
- You are well-versed with version control systems, e.g. GitHub
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- You are able and willing to travel internationally
- You are familiar with monitoring tools such as DataDog
- You have managed declarative infrastructure with tools like Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- You have used container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. Experience with ECS and EKS would also be helpful
- You have experience with migrations to Kubernetes
Sony is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.