Liebherr in the USA
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr- Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States. Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Interfaces with other groups (Marketing, Sales, etc.) to understand customer requirements and creates drive system specifications to meet their needs.
- Interfaces with other Liebherr companies to develop, design, and test AC & DC drive systems.
- Develops the control theory required to meet design target.
- Creates the documentation necessary to describe control theory.
- Works with other Engineers to specify proper drive components (ex. IGBT modules, DC to DC Converters, Chopper Modules and other associated hardware).
- Investigates and test vendors' products.
- Works as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Works along with other Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain the drive system components, equipment, and software necessary to meet requirements.
- Works with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
Bachelors degree (BSEE/EET, BSCE) or equivalent with four years control engineering or equivalent experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of software programming tools (ex. CoDeSys, C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication protocols (ex. RS232, CanOpen, J1939, etc.).
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools necessary to verify software stability and function.
- Knowledge of control logic (ex. PID, Open loop control, etc.).
- Ability to write specifications that describe control functions.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.