Liebherr in the USA
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr- Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States. Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Procurement Planner ensures that required materials are ordered and delivered on time; works closely with other departments to optimize the material flow.
- Coordinates all MRP system driven activities to procurement of a commodity from the purchase order placed through delivery, including follow up and expediting of open purchase orders.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule.
- Works in collaboration with Production Planning, Warehouse Logistics and the Procurement Buyer to optimize the materials flow and the packaging.
- Re-Evaluates order parameters for commodities on an ongoing basis depending on commodity and supplier.
- Optimizes inventory levels based on changes and evaluation of order parameters.
- Maintains the purchase commitment in the LME MRP system. Ultimate goal is to reduce open PO line items past due per supplier.
- Notifies suppliers about engineering changes and adjusts open PO’s according to suppliers cut in date. Coordinates with Production Planning.
- Works out supplier shipping/receiving errors in cooperation with Warehouse Logistics so that invoices can get paid on time.
- Arranges direct shipping to customers via air or sea freight in case of truck down situations in the field.
- Attends Liebherr’s weekly shortage meeting to discuss short items and find solutions in cooperation with Production Planning.
- Analysis of internal and external processes.
Bachelor’s degree (Business or similar) with 1 – 3 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous material planning experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. APICS (CPIM) certification and international procurement experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of materials planning principles, theories, processes.
- Knowledge of international terms of trade (Incoterms).
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to facilitate cross functional teams
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Contract Management systems; MS Internet Explorer; MS SharePoint; SAP or Infor LN or equivalent ERP system for Order Processing, Inventory, Manufacturing, Cost Calculation system and MS Office.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to general inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
Our OfferAn interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.