Job Description - Engineer I - Mechanical (AER0003C4)
Engineer I - Mechanical-(AER0003C4)
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
This position is considered an entry level and will work under the guidance and direction of experienced engineers.
- Provide technical engineering direction for the Mechanical Engineering Department to include technical procedure development and operational support.
- Depending on the project type, this can vary from participating in conceptual design ideas to revisions to existing designs and modifications to existing structures or Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Duties also include preparation of all essential system engineering documentation components required for a complete and viable system.
- Responsible for planning, cost development, management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Must have ability to successfully interface with client representatives and manage completion of tasks on schedule and within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
- Duties may also include oversight of systems activations to validate compliance with contract documents. Must be well organized, extremely flexible and capable of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work shall assure that systems operate in a safe and appropriate manner and comply with all federal, state and local codes/regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited engineering school. Candidate should be a self-starter and motivated individual with a proven track record of their desire to work in the Vehicle Ground Processing and Launch Industry.
- Candidate with Vehicle Handling, Mechanical and Structures experience and familiarity with Processing Engineering is desirable.
- Previous engineering experience a plus.
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, and specification charts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working as a member of a formal team and able to function as such immediately.
- Must be able to present information to upper management and customers.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and only general guidance.
- In-depth computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
Attendance Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.Must be dependable and punctual.Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center
Job Posting:Nov 1, 2019, 5:37:51 PM