Division ServiceLocation:Spain, , Bilbao or PamplonaFunctional area:Purchasing
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergySiemens Gamesa is a leading supplier of wind power solutions to customers all over the globe. A key player and innovative pioneer in the renewable energy sector, we have installed products and technology in more than 90 countries, with a total capacity base of over 84 GW and 25,000 employees.
About the positionWe are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to strengthen Service Global Supplier Quality team. Supplier Quality Engineer has the responsibility to qualify suppliers and to ensure proper performance of the qualified suppliers following the established standards for QM&HSE within Service Business Unit in SGRE.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for driving the qualification and re-qualification of new and current global suppliers following QM&HSE standards for SGRE
- Developing and implementing strategies to enable the development of suppliers, improving their competences as well as the overall quality and HSE performance
- Ensuring that quality assurance plans are in place for all new product developments and processes
- Handling supplier related Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and 8D and ensure the efectiveness of the implementation.
- Participating in interdisciplinary and cross-functional workgroups and projects acting as our SQ representative (e.g. Commodity team meetings and Product Development reviews)
- Supporting the cross-regional alignment by regularly sharing lessons learned across the different SE BU teams
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 3+ years of professional experience within supplier quality or quality in general, preferably from an international company
- Solid experience within auditing international suppliers is mandatory and candidates with a Lead Auditor qualification will be preferred
- TS16949 standard or APQP4Wind specialist qualification is mandatory
- You possess material sciences and related EN/ISO standard knowledge as well as a good EN/ISO understanding of drawings and specifications
- Proven Experience in the areas of supplier development, implementing and performing APQP and PPAP activities is mandatory. Furthermore, certification within Lean and/or Six Sigma will be perceived as an advantage