Albuquerque, NM, US
Electrical Engineer, Mid
The ChallengeWhat if you could use your engineering skills to transform Air Force nuclear deterrence? As an electrical engineer, you understand the power behind complex systems. That knowledge is key when it comes to reviewing and analyzing system design documents against Air Force requirements. We’re looking for an electrical engineer who can use their skills to assist an Air Force client with transforming and transitioning a program to incorporate new technologies and assuring system responses and interactions.
Our team consults and advises the senior level of an Air Force client's planners. That’s why we need you, an electrical engineer who specializes in programmable logic devices and embedded software, to help us analyze the design and development of surety policies and plans to safeguard the risk of next generation nuclear deterrence. You’ll coordinate with senior Air Force and industry engineers to design and develop new systems for nuclear deterrence. You’ll directly impact nuclear surety by providing concepts and ideas to best safeguard the safety aspects of the next generation nuclear deterrence systems. This is a chance to use your electrical systems engineering talents and skills while gaining experience in major weapons systems design and development. Join us and take on exciting challenges in Air Force safety as we develop the next generation of nuclear deterrence systems for the next fifty years.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience in working with programmable logic devices, including Programmable Logic Devices (PLDs), Complex PLDs (CPLDs), and Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Experience with Java
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in Science or Engineering
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with modeling and simulation preferred
- Experience with working at Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3
- Knowledge of applications, including MATLAB, LabVIEW, Oracle’s Virtual Box, and Abaqus
- Knowledge of operating systems, including Linux or UNIX, Macintosh, Microsoft, and RHEL clone
- Knowledge of performance testing and tuning, capacity planning, and database monitoring
- Ability to implement physical data structures and automated database process programming that reach across structured and unstructured data sources
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Clearance:Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.