- Engineering / Projects
- North South and Eastern Europe
- NOR00000698Requisition #
ENGIE, is a multinational group able to lead the energy transition with its efficient and innovative services. ENGIE is a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Our organization is looking for a Project Planning and Control in Madrid (Spain).
Purpose of Position:A Project Controller is a wide ranging role that interfaces with a number of key project stakeholders across the business, but primarily with Project Managers. The principle purpose of the role is to:
- Support assigned Project Manager(s) to promote good planning practice and ensure scope, schedule & budget adherence.
- Monitor, report & flag concerns, exceptions and issues through recognized escalation routes, along with proposed solutions.
- Work with assigned Project Manager(s) to scope project requirements into a coherent WBS, OBS and RAM.
- Ensure that scope changes are reflected in the WBS, OBS, RAM and project schedule.
- Analyse the impact of scope changes, making recommendations to assigned Project Manager(s).
- Produce resourced & time phased schedules with critical paths to help ensure that all tasks are complete and milestones are achieved on target and within budget.
- Maintain a project baseline schedule and track changes to the baseline as the project progresses.
- Ensure that schedules are produced to a detail in accordance with the project time frame, employing rolling wave planning where appropriate.
- Regularly collect task status and update the schedule, analyse any variation or forecasted variation to plan.
- Carry out Schedule Quality Analysis and Schedule Uncertainty Analysis on schedules as required within assigned projects.
- Review ETCs, EACs and other inputs with budget holders and submit updated forecasts to financial system.
- Track all expenditure on assigned projects.
Earned Value Management
- Ensure that each work package within a project schedule is associated with the relevant earned value technique.
- Update each work package within a project schedule at the required frequency to log project performance as reported by assigned Project Manager(s).
- Generate Earned Value reports at the required frequency and review & address identified variances with assigned Project Manager(s) and Project Accountant.
- Ensure resource demand and supply (headcount) data in plans accurately reflects requirements. Challenge demands with assigned Project Manager(s) and other key stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide resource profile output from schedules into the resource management system used by the business.
Risk ManagementCreate and maintain risk registers. Organise and facilitate regular risk reviews with risk owners and track mitigation actions. Include mitigation actions in
- plans and schedules as part of performance measurement baselines.
- Provide risk and related data in agreed formats for reporting purposes.
- Escalate, as necessary, extraordinary risk & issue impacts to project constraints that could adversely affect project success.
- Organise and facilitate regular project progress reviews with team, track progress and ensure all are aware of forthcoming activities.
- Generate schedule, risk, cost, resource, Earned Value and related metrics in agreed formats for capture & reporting.
- Ensure that a performance measurement baseline is produced for each assigned project.
- Ensure that changes to the project's performance measurement baseline are controlled and formally approved by the project manager prior to implementing.
ENGIE is the answer if..
- You are looking for a stable professional career with a solid professional future.
- You value the opportunity to form part of the world´s first energy independent organization.
- You want to grow and develop within a dynamic company.
- You consider that your efforts, together with your company´s efforts, can and must have a positive impact on the environment
- MSc Engineering or Business administration degree.
- Significant experience in creating, maintaining and reporting project schedules using Microsoft Project for complex projects.
- Strong MS Office and SAP (PS, CO, FI) skills for a timely, accurate reporting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Flexible and has a service and teamwork mind-set, providing ad-hoc support and undertaking additional activities as required to provide a quality service to assigned projects.
- Supports and contributes to improvement initiatives
- Is familiar with the principles behind PMI and Project Controller competencies and can apply them in situations without needing supervision or guidance.
- Has a solid understanding of PMI, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to provide quality support to assigned projects.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written.
- Posting Date: Oct 18, 2019