Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Role Summary:The EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) Manager- On Shore Wind P&S Contractor management & Reporting systems will be in charge of keeping sharp EHS reporting systems in the region and overall contractor management programs in coordination with subcontracting managers, sourcing and operations in ONW Projects and Services.
- In this role will utilize strategic thinking to develop and optimize best in class reporting systems and oversee overall EHS performance of the contractors in the organization.
- Facilitate and drive EHS excellence
- Develop and optimize best in class reporting systems and oversee overall EHS performance of the contractors in the organization
- Develop and implement contractor management EHS programs
Parameterization, datamining, extraction of reports, update and overall management of the reporting systems / contractor validation tool
- Coordinate overall implementation of contractor validation system
- Establish the EHS requirements per site / county / customer in the contractor qualification system
- Keep EHS related KPIs of active contractors
- Introduce HOP culture in contractor population
- Run performance reviews / coordination sessions with top 10 main contractors
- Audit in periodical basis contractor performance at site
- Synergizes efforts with affiliates and operation leaders to drive consistency and increase overall support function efficiency
- Lead and cultivate an exceptional EHS culture within the business.
- Provide EHS support for Wind Project and Service teams when executing works with contractors at customer sites
- Develop, conduct and coordinate required EHS training
- Conduct contractor accident Investigations to determine root cause analysis, and proactive solutions
- Strong experience in EHS in the wind industry
Ability to travel up to 50%
- EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and implementation
- NEBOSH or equivalent reknown EHS qualification
- Strong Leadership/Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiative and a global mindset
- Excellent computer skills for use of digital tools
About Us:GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at GE Renewable Energy.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.