SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGERRedmond, Washington, United States
- Redmond, Washington, United States
Save save SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER to job cart
- Job number 726500
- Date posted Oct 17, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you interested in being a part of Microsoft’s mission to help every person on the planet to achieve more? Are you fascinated with finding new ways for millions of users to live and work better? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, and delightful? So are we! Come and help us create the future of technology and productivity.
Our team is building a conversational scheduling assistant for busy professionals that democratizes the value of a personal executive assistant to everyone to meet their time management needs. Scheduler ( aka Calendar.help) is pioneering efforts on digital assistants, natural language understanding, intelligent time management, resource coordination, and machine learning. Harry Shum, Microsoft’s EVP of AI and Research, states, “One thing we firmly believe in is that the ultimate form of AI is a digital assistant.” Calendar.help has been in exclusive preview since December 2016 () and is working with high profile enterprise companies during this pilot phase. Joining now will put you in on the ground floor as we move toward General Availability. This position offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to have a technical impact on a key Microsoft business and the ability to learn and grow each day, while working collaboratively with a dedicated designer, customer focused program managers, and highly experienced engineers and data scientists.
Culture – We are an agile team with a startup mentality. Using Scrum helps the team be dynamic and adaptable. You will have the opportunity to work on the full technology stack with other team members and partners, as well as participate in product specs, operations, and direct customer interactions. It's an exciting opportunity to challenge yourself to do things you've never done before. We support each other across all disciplines (engineering, data science, PM, design, etc) to reach our highest potential. We believe in having fun and enjoying each other's company with inside jokes, memes, lunches together, and weekly show-and-tells.
Technology – Coding environment on the backend is C#/ASP.Net/NoSql utilizing a dozen different Azure resource types and accessing intelligence substrate services, such as LUIS and Bot Framework. Our frontend is comprised of TypeScript/jQuery/Angular, HTML5, and LESS. We also work with various Microsoft Research teams globally on multiple machine learning models.
We have a strong focus on driving innovation with agility, solve groundbreaking problems to create a new product category, and take a pride in having the best workplace culture where people can do their best and reach their potential. If you want to be part of nimble, fast moving team on the leading edge of a category this job is for you.
- Work closely with team members to define requirements and deliver features that delight users
- Establish framework to engage key partnerships and relationships with field and enterprise customers to develop product requirements and business model
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Leverage and amplify the goals and effectiveness of MyAnalytics and WorkplaceAnalytics to deliver end user and organizational value through Calendar.help
- Navigate and drive compliance and PII requirements for delivery in product
- Develop and communicate shared vision across the company, partners and customers
- Aggregate and analyze metrics from diverse sources to determine priorities and product success
- 3+ years of experience as product, program or engineering manager
- Demonstrated engagement with enterprise customers on joint product development relationships (early access, customer advisory, or consulting)
- Demonstrated ability to develop products or processes that drive change or formation of user habits
- Strong communicator and presenter
- Self-motivated and agile individual
- Strong customer focus
- Experience working on scrum teams preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER to job cart