Noblejas-Toledo, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
Role Summary:The Repairs Leader will demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Lead the operations of the capitals inventory and flow parts shop repairs in Wind Europe
- Own the strategy of the Re-manufacturing portfolio and product offering. Internal Repairs & External Outsourced Repairs
- Lead the repair shops in Europe (Noblejas-Spain and Salzbergen-Germany) and manage a team of 50 people distributed among the 2 repair centers
- Lead all the R&R KPIs regarding EHS, product quality, fulfillment, productivity, variable cost targets, inventory, lean, and capital investments
- Owner of the annual budgeting and cost center management of both repair shops
- Drive and co-lead the planning & supply chain strategy, as well as definition of insource-outsource repairs
- Have overall ownership, operations execution and project leadership of the shop repairs
- Ensure compliance with all customers, internal and external and contract requirements
- Interface and manage projects as necessary with the marketing, sales, commercial, operations, quality, and engineering teams
- Drive for excellence in the key areas of cost control, Environmental Health and Safety standards, LEAN and Quality, and overall productivity
- Provide effective team leadership to enhance cost effectiveness and create a lean, consistent and effective workforce
- Interface with Customers regarding work in progress, service offerings, and other service related activities
- Maintain positive and constructive union / employee relations
- Ability to travel as required
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience in Manufacturing or Repair Operations, project management and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Black Belt Certification
- EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Lean and Six Sigma training and experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Technical and commercial understanding of the Repair Services business
- High energy and ability to energize others
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Prior leadership experience as Manufacturing Shop Operations Leader in a production or repairs facility
About Us:GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.