Associate Electrical Engineer
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Job Summary:Assists with the planning, system design, system implementation, system maintenance and support.
Effectively interacts with other internal and external teams, including the design engineering, construction management, site engineering and regional operations teams, onsite support vendors and consultants on projects, policies and procedures.
Assists in planning day to day operations and strategic direction of delivery of either a construction project or delivery of operations for an IBX facility.
- Facilitates projects or other design and engineering initiatives (i.e., gathers data from sites)
System Operation and Work Practices (including Capacity Planning)
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs engineering systems, utilizing safe working practices at an expert level (e.g. can apply procedure for lockout/tag out, can explain MSDS, etc.)
- Assists with the identification of power and/or cooling limitations
- Provides feedon training programs
- Acquires training knowledge by shadowing others
- Facilitates as required in executing effective contract administration procedures including generation, review, and monitoring of contracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation
Leadership and Communications (including Vendor Mgmt.)
- Facilitates in directing external vendors per project or initiative such as general contractors, A&E design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Internal communication to include departments within Equinix
Policy & Procedure Development and Adherence
- Uses observations and available data to develop methods to troubleshooting
- Utilizes operating knowledge of the relevant engineering systems and project management methodologies