We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Position: V&V IXL Group Manager
Location: Madrid. Occasional travelling.
Purpose of the JobResponsible of supervising and harmonizing the Verification and Validation activities on the set of projects where IXL is within Alstom scope.
Organisation StructureRC Project Engineering - V&V Department.
Organisational ReportingDirect report line to V&V Department Head
Network & Links
- Internal: Project team (Engineering, Safety, RAM, T&C, PrCOM, PrIM, System Engineering team, …)
- External: Suppliers (if any)
ResponsibilitiesThe V&V Group Manager:
- -checks the Overall Test and Verification Strategy laid down in the V&V part of the Engineering Management plan, and in the V&V plan,
- -verifies the test descriptions and the overall V&V activities of the projects in IXL domain;
- -follows-up the activities with KPIs defined at project level and by V&V process;
- -acts as focal point for customer during factory acceptance tests;
- -supervises the domain workload, trying to balance it and reporting staffing issues (over/under staffing, lack of skills) to the V&V discipline leader;
- -manages human and material resources allocated to IXL domain;
- -shares and capitalizes with the other domain leaders and with the V&V department head the REX from projects and domains;
- -collaborates with bid department for IXL technical documents generation and Verification and Validation costs estimation.
Educational RequirementsEngineer degree.
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- - Minimum 5 years working with IXL subsystem, preferably in validation or design teams.
- - Experience in Spanish and International IXL projects.
- -Successful experience in working in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment.
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- -Rigorous, process oriented, result oriented.
- -Team leadership: must be able to work closely with the IXL V&V team and provide appropriate technical solutions and support.
- -Must have strong motivational skills and must be able to establish positive relationship with other Alstom departments to ensure maximum success for the projects.
Technical Skills / Competencies (mandatory)
- -Deep knowledge of Railway signalling principles and IXL subsystem architecture
- -Knowledge of Design, Integration and validation processes and methodologies (V-Model, Design for Quality, CENELEC 50126).
- -Spanish: fluent level both written and spoken is essential to fulfil this position’s demands.
- -English: fluent level both written and spoken is essential to fulfil this position’s demands.
Technical Skills / Competencies (desiderable)
- -Experience on requirement management methodology and tools (Clear Quest, IBM Rational DOORS, Reqtify, etc.).
- -Experience working with virtual environment; Networking.
- -Competences using test automation tools and test management tools (e.g. TestLink)
- -Comfortable in laboratory environment (HW manipulation and use of SW simulators, decoding and analysis tools).
- -French: fluent level both written and spoken is desired.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.