The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate - Innovation & Competitiveness Department - Digitalisation & Small Businesses Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March 2020)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The overall goal of the traineeship project would be to provide general support on communication, assessment of policy data and data analysis specific to project activities in the Digitalisation and Small Businesses Division of the Projects directorate.
You will perform the following tasks under the close supervision of the Head of Division :
- Support the creation of project documentation and both internal and external communication about the initiative (update of communication files, development of presentation materials);
- Retrieval and organization of project and policy data (e.g. EC policies on circularity);
- Support to the organization and basic consistency check of project data.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Economics or Climate Action.
- Interest for circularity phenomena is certainly a plus.
- Background in Management or Social studies would be considered as advantage
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication activities (writing, summarizing reports, creating power point presentation) and be comfortable in the use of excel for reviews of data.
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent command of written and oral English. Knowledge of other EU languages being an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 03rd November 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website;https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm