The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Finance Directorate (FI) - Capital Markets Department - Investor Relations and Marketing Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st March 2020)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The objective of this traineeship is twofold: (i) to contribute to the further development of the Capital Markets Database, more precisely, to the automation of the upload of back-to-office reports and accuracy of the database, and (ii) to contribute to the improvement of specific work flows of the division, such as the modeling of credit rating methodologies, revamp of presentations, etc.
These two lines of action will provide you with a good overview of the Bank, its credit standing, the strategy of communication to investors and knowledge about capital markets in general.
Your main tasks will be:
- Obtain an understanding of how the CMA tool functions, the reports currently produced and the work-flows underpinning these reports;
- Under the supervision of a more experienced IR staff, contribute to the design and implementation of upgrades and new functionalities in CMA.
- Contribute to other IR tasks as required, with a potential focus on credit ratings.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies in Economics, Risk Management, Business Administration or a related field;
- Excellent command of written and oral English, with knowledge of other EU languages being an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of Business Objects, high IT skills are desirable, previous experience with CRM systems would be ideal.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 03rd November 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website;https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm