A World-Changing CompanyAt Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Product Design TeamWe help to achieve connection and understanding. Our users must create knowledge from data in our software, potential customers and candidates need to understand and relate to the story of our company and the awesome work we do, and it’s our job to help tell these stories.
Designers are highly valued in the company for our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativity and inventiveness. We’re growing rapidly, yet focused on creating a tight-knit group of people that enjoy working together in an atmosphere that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth. We rigorously share and promote our ideas and constantly incorporate feedand critique.
The RoleAs a Product Designer, you are a generalist who spans many design disciplines: user research, information architecture, prototyping, ideation, interaction design, and sometimes visual design. You will visit our users, listen, investigate, learn, and ideate. You know that form informs function and usability—that the surface layer doesn’t exist in a vacuum.
Sometimes we’re out in front, exploring brand-new problem spaces, figuring out what to build, and sometimes you’re deep in the details of micro-interactions, figuring out how to build it. You lead feature teams in design exercises ranging from day-long design studios to week-long design sprints.
- Work with fellow Designers, Product Managers, Developers, and Forward Deployed Engineers to refine and evolve the quality of all Palantir software.
- Prototype with tools such as paper and pen, Figma, After Effects, Principle, and Keynote.
What We Value
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build great relationships with engineers, PMs, and other stakeholders, and convey and debate design rationale.
- High empathy and dedication to the user, striving to understand and empower them.
- Strong ability to iterate through the design process, give and receive critiques, and rapidly incorporate feedback.
- Experience with tools utilized by the team, such as Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote, - or the ability to quickly adapt to them.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2024. This should be your final internship before graduating.
- Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can contribute/leverage their unique perspectives and lived experiences to help us achieve our best outcomes.
- A portfolio demonstrating at least one software interface design project. If parts of your portfolio are password-protected, please include your portfolio password under 'Additional Information' when applying.
SalaryThe estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $8,500/month. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at PalantirWe want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.