- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Champion, facilitate and execute projects and commodity strategies, related to Purchasing of Indirect Material & Services as well on a regional level Spain & Western Europe, as across European sites. Main objective is to optimize purchasing activities within the assigned commodities ; price, TCO, quality, delivery & service.
- Drive and execute cost reduction initiatives across the sites in Spain (“national synergies”)
- Initiate and track cost reduction actions on plant level, (in assigned region) by
- regular communication with local buyers
- organizing brainstorming and consequently support and follow up on agreed actions there from
- maintain up to date status of savings Dbase
- sharing best practices between plants
- executing such projects (him/herself)
- Contribute to improvement of Purchasing methods & Procedures.
- Support other Functions on behalf of European or Global Purchasing in specific Projects.
- Champion European (or Global if applicable) consolidation projects, in a potential variety of commodities: services for different Functions, materials & services for Manufacturing sites (MRO+other) etc.
- Required Skills
- Strong drive to achieve results and at the same time capable to deal with colleagues on different levels in the organization.
- Capable to execute, initiate, lead and follow up on team activities.
- Analytical skills : data & less tangible information.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor degree
- Purchasing of Indirect Materials & Services, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Preferably additional experience in other function(s) in a manufacturing environment (engineering, production, maintenance)
- Experience with contract negotiations.
Language:English and Spanish
- Job Location
- Ermua, Spain
- Position Type
Buyer Indirect Material & Services Europe(846) at Tenneco
How you match
Supply Chain & Logistics
Remember to mention that you found this on Tyba