Systems Engineering Madrid, Madrid
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Systems Engineer, you will run and drive sales engagements into a set of large new enterprise accounts. You will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. It is business critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
Your role is one of technical guidance – working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our client’s environments. With your colleagues, you will displace competing technologies, and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as our product integrates to build secure digital transactions.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Major Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Identify and document specific cybersecurity threats and concerns which can be solved through the deployment of our solutions
- Build and lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of our product portfolio, showcasing value and ROI on our product suite for individual clients
- Architect and propose solutions which address the identified problems in a creative and innovative way
- Gain validation from the potential client that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction while exceeding quota expectations
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand our portfolio of products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall in addition to competitor’s technologies
- Articulate our value proposition and vision for network security
- Identify problems in customer environments and positioning Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Customer facing engagement, writing, presentation, and creative analytical skills
- Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team
- Run the extension and return of evaluation equipment within your prospects and customers
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process
- Domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education
- 6+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Systems Integrator
- Experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPsec VPNs, Security Proxies, and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Director LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitors solutions and selling strategies
- Understanding of modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology
- Familiarity with network forensics and incident response
- Highly skilled with automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- Knowledge of endpoint security technologies and products
- Relevant industry certifications – such as SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.