Marketing Manager HematologyLocation- Barcelona, Spain.
Reporting to Marketing Director.Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. Alexion is also establishing a premier global metabolic rare disease franchise, which includes Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) for patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D), and Strensiq™ (asfotase alfa) for patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas. As the global leader in complement inhibition, the Company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors across diverse platforms, including evaluating potential indications for Soliris in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Position SummaryThe Marketing Manager will be responsible to develop, execute and follow all local Marketing activities of Soliris in its indication of Parosysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
Principal ResponsibilitiesEU Marketing Responsibilities
- Member of the European Marketing Team
- Contributes to the development of the EU 5-year strategic brand plan and annual tactical plans
- Actively participates in best practice sharing process and brings local market insights into European / Global team
- Develops and implements global/European marketing strategies and tactics in local market
Local Marketing Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of the local long-range and annual marketing plans
- Develops and executes annual marketing plans including action plan and associated marketing budget
- Supports Sales Force’s execution of promotional events from concept design to content delivery (including congresses organization)
- Provides input on establishing the sales forecast for the current year and long range plan
- Manages advertising and other support agencies in implementing global communication tools and in developing local marketing materials.
- Works closely with cross functional colleagues in sales, market access, medical affairs, pharmaceutical affairs and other departments to understand and meet the needs of our customers
- In support to Medical Affairs Managers, manages positive relationships with new and existing Key Opinion Leaders
- Participates in developing ongoing sales training for field force; maintain active communication with the field to better understand needs, issues and opportunities
- Minimum of 4-6 years marketing experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Sales experience is preferable
- Hematology background is preferable
- Experience dealing with high cost drugs/ access issues is preferable
- Experience working in international teams, ideally in a remote / virtual team
- Learning agility, strong project management skills
- Life science degree, preferably degree in natural sciences, pharmacy or medicine
- Business degree is preferable