Spain - Madrid
Summarize the primary purpose & key accountabilities of the role, including geographical scope (i.e. Global vs. Country/Region).
Summary should be concise and include strategic information that would attract candidates to the role. It may be helpful to complete this section after you have finished the other sections of the document.
The Portfolio Development Lead will be leading the Spanish retail portfolio responsible from SLA/ TSA relations, strategy development and implementation as well as identifying growth opportunities. The role will also be contributing to EU1 Commercial/portfolio development activities, working in close collaboration with the HBU Commercial Development Group.
In order of importance, indicate the primary responsibilities critical to the performance of the role. It is recommended not to list actual tasks but focus on 5-8 essential responsibilities that highlight accountability and level of judgment required.
- Responsible for the retail portfolio P&L of HBU business
- Representing HBU Span in all retail SLA/ TSA interactions with Upjohn as SPA, if aplicable
- Responsible for assessing feasibility of alternative go to market models for retail portfolio going forward.
- Developing commercial assessment for Spanish overall portfolio rationalization initiatives to create profitable base for growth
- Help the local HBU organization to develop capabilities around:
- Building robust commercial forecasts including clear articulation of assumptions supported by necessary analytics to drive forecasts.
- Analyzing different scenarios supported by P&L implications
- Creating in house expertise in analytical and financial driven modelling.
- Apply broad expertise of HBU portfolio, market dynamics, and innovative customer approaches to support the go-to-market strategies as lead market to maximize performance and overall value to the business for a span of 15 countries.
- Lead and/or partner on the assessment of alternative go to market/commercial models pressure testing its P&L impacts across EU1 markets, including Spain.
- Act as point of contact (SPA ), work with global structures and other EU1 countries to evaluate/assess opportunities)
- Champion the innovative projects that will ensure long term sustainability for the business across EU1
- Lead specific initiatives to support the HBU EU1 priorities.
- Lead all business planning activities and continuous improvement projects.
- Align key stakeholders representing commercial, regions/markets, Pfizer Global Manufacturing, medical, access, pricing, regulatory & legal to ensure assets are supported to achieve short and long-term gains
Indicate basic and preferred qualifications:
- Basic qualifications are job related, consistent with business requirements and necessary for the performance of an essential function of this role including: education/licenses/certifications, location, relevant experience, technical and/or other job-related skills. Basic qualifications determine minimum requirements that applicants must possess to be qualified for the role; anyone who does not meet basic qualifications for the role will not be interviewed or eligible for hire.
- Preferred qualifications are job-related qualifications that may be indicated in addition to basic qualifications; they are not absolutely required for performance of the job but are desired and further describe the education/skills/experience sought for the position. Preferred qualifications enhance a candidate’s ability to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields. Master's degree or equivalent experience in business administration, finance, strategy or related field preferred
- 8+ years of successful business management experience
- in the pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated track record of high performance and outstanding results
- Strong change leadership, communications, influencing and negotiations skills
- Ability to analyze, define and convey complex concepts and strategies in verbal and written communication to internal and external audiences
- Proven strategic and analytical strengths to drive decision making and problem solving
- Ability & eagerness to challenge status quo; make quick decisions; aggressively identify & seek opportunities to grow revenue; and lead/operate successfully in a matrixed team
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead teams
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, effectively manage multiple important priorities and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Financial expertise and understanding of manufacturing
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel
- Relocation eligible
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.