Tarragona, Spain, Spain
DescriptionDow is looking for a Technical Service & Development (TS&D) Engineer for Packaging & Specialty Plastics to be based in Tarragona, Spain.
JOB SUMMARYThe TS&D Development Engineer is a member of the Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) TS&D Plastics & Specialty Packaging (P&SP) team with laboratories in Tarragona (Spain), Horgen (Switzerland), and Mozzate (Italy). In this role, the TS&D Engineer works within the EMEA TS&D organization together with marketing and sales to identify and capture targeted business opportunities for growth in the Industrial & Consumer Packaging and Flexible Food & Specialty Packaging spaces. The person provides technical service and application development competencies in the introduction of newly developed products and technical solutions at customers in West and East Africa. The TS&D Development Engineer works collaboratively with other regional TS&D and R&D teams to leverage globally and implement technologies for EMEA.
- To live the safety standards, code of conduct, and ethics principles of the Dow Chemical Company, and ensure that the development work is carried out using the highest standards in terms of sustainable development.
- To complete development work using the Scientific Method, carry out bibliographies, formulate technical hypothesis, develop test plans, carry out experiments, and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- To identify and understand the end use application needs, working closely with the sales and marketing functions and the other technical support teams.
- To interface with technical and commercial teams and counterparties within the customer's organization. To establish and maintain sound relationships with counterparties. To translate identified needs into product and application development opportunities.
- To develop and implement new products, applications, and technologies.
- To document experiment findings of technical developments in CRI reports.
- To protect innovation by using the appropriate Intellectual Property tools such as invention concept disclosures.
- To charter new projects with clarity of the project scope, timeline of project milestones, and assessment of the opportunity value.
- To assess competitive products and identify emerging competitive technology threats.
- Education: Minimum M.S. in Polymer Engineering and Science, Materials Engineering and Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Packaging
- Experiences: Polymer conversion processes such as film extrusion, Manufacturing scale-up towards commercialization and market launch, Project management
- Languages: Fluency in English required, Fluency in local languages in Africa valued
- Travel: 30-50% of your time within EMEA
- Other Skills: Innovative, Team oriented, Strong interpersonal abilities, Value creation driven, Market focused