Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About these internships
The internship position will give you the opportunity to get in touch with the state-of-art data engineering and data-modeling environment developed by Amazon. Through this internship, you will be able to learn Amazon Web Service (AWS, most used cloud technology in the world) based data pipe-lining, data extraction, and data modeling technologies.
You will also apply your learning into production database establishment/maintenance, KPI dashboards automation, large scale data analytics and machine-learning/econometrics modeling in order to support your team on cost-reduction/efficiency-improvement projects as well as business decision-making processes. If you are enthusiastic about data engineering and data science, motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it is only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we are all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As a Business Intelligence intern, you could join one of the following teams: supply chain, network planning, inventory placement, transportation, last mile, finance, planning & analysis (FP&A) or finance & controlling.
You will put your BI skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our customers. This could include:
- Learning how to partner across multiple teams and geographies
- Developing and executing upon some of the world’s most complex data analyses which will in turn, drive the correct business decisions
- Helping identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
- Partnering with the team to perform deep root cause analyses when facing problems
- Assisting in the development of business cases for new programs and services
- Participating in the development, delivering, maintenance and improvement of performance metrics dashboards
- Becoming part of a team of trusted advisors throughout an entire business unit.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Business Intelligence, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management, Applied Mathematics, Statistics/statistical analysis or other quantitative areas or related fields.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge in SQL languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and local language where applicable).
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
- Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Familiar with AWS products and environment (Redshift, EC2, EMR, S3 etc).
- Familiar with data engineering and data pipe-lining.
- Any additional technical skills such as coding (python, R, Django, Spark etc.), data visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, PowerPivot, Microstrategy) or operations research can be a bonus.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.