Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we take is driven by our customers, as meeting their expectations is one of our core values.
We are looking for an Intern in Loss Prevention (m/f) to join our team!
About this opportunity
The EU Security & Loss Prevention team supports the accomplishment of Amazon EU business targets and the strengthening of our market position and brand, by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks. If you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be.
Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
Internship in the Security and Loss Prevention team:
We’re looking for brilliant minds like yours that are inquisitive and curious. You will be working in our Security Program Management team that is responsible for manned guarding and physical security infrastructure solutions including management of Amazon’s strategic security partners. You will have the chance to put your analytical and technical skills to the test; you’ll assist with setting up vendor and project management software solutions.
First, you’ll find out information about the currently deployed solutions and recommend potential changes and improvements: this is all part of our culture of continuous improvement. Next, you’ll help develop new solutions to be implemented and administered quickly, to which future incremental improvements and increases in scope and functionality can be made.
You will be a key contributor to process development – updating current tools, developing new tools, and training team members. In addition, you’ll be involved in reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business unit in their decision making process. We will educate and coach you on Six Sigma principles and tools.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree inComputer Science, Business Information Technology, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Local Language
- You’re fluent in MS Excel
- You maintain close attention-to-detail, your approach is always methodical as you build an understanding of the bigger picture
- Process improvement experience - You come with the ability to innovate, simplify processes and practices
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to deliver results
- You’re well organized: confident when working in a fast-paced environment, you stay on top of your deadlines and meet them consistently
- You already have clearance to work in the country you are applying for, including any visas that may be required on your part
- The internship will require traveling throughout the EU
- Enterprise wide software experience such as Salesforce
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in project and/or vendor management
- You have previous work experience (this could be an internship or student job)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision-based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.