Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About these internships
The Amazon European Operations teams are a fast-growing international group. We are looking for a passionate, versatile and curious Health & Safety Interns to work with us on improvement and innovation projects to support the growth of our European network. We want to give our Customers in Europe the best experience possible!
As a Health & Safety Intern, you are a passionate advocate to drive operational efficiency with strong analytics and have excellent organizational and inter-personal skills. You must be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including Fulfillment Center Operations, Execution teams, Analysts and Senior Management.
- Familiarize and help with the organization and processes for new launches
- Assist the safety new build manager and the safety engineer in delivering safety excellent processes and operation
- Supports the safety process systems through participation in planned inspections of building, machines and jobs for accident prevention.
- Perform and update Risk Assessment and Job Hazard Analysis
- Analyze accident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of accidents
- May be requested to investigates causes of accidents and prepares accident reports to identify preventive safety measures for incorporation into the safety program
- Help to develop safety procedures and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
- Learn and have fun!
- We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Engineering, Health & Safety, or other quantitative areas or related fields.
- Excellent analytical skills, preferably with advanced level in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and in English
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Problem solving mindset, proactive issue resolution skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
Students enrolled or recently graduated from an MBA are also welcome to apply.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.