Linux Systems Administrator III
Location:Denver, CO US
Job Category:Information Technology
Job DescriptionWhat You’ll Get to Do: Under limited supervision, provide Systems Administration for Development Lab systems as well as production VMware VSphere systems including Linux/Unix/Windows server, and developer end user support
More About this Role: Install, configure, administer, and maintain VMware VSphere, Windows Domain/Active Directory Servers and hardware, Windows based workstations and Unix/Solaris/Linux based servers as well as storage and backup infrastructures
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other LGS IT teams to facilitate a comprehensive IT support structure that includes both desktop and server systems
- Collaborate with Technical Managers and Developers to prioritize lab needs
- Monitor and respond to system alerts and anticipate issues to ensure performance and a high-performing, stable development environment
- Contribute to and implement system upgrade plans
- Perform hardware and software upgrades, ordering, installing, and troubleshooting all necessary components
- Work in tandem with LGS Security to develop and implement lab-related security requirements and to identify and rectify any vulnerabilities
- Evaluate automation scripts and edit as needed
- Advise users of tool and server connectivity options, train users on operating system and Linux/Unix/Windows environment functionality, troubleshoot account issues and access issues
- Monitor and install licenses on LGS centralized license server
- Administer VMware servers and clients
- Monitor and maintain network attached storage (Netapp support)
- Maintain software and build/test applications which may involve repairing profiles and resolving application errors
- Provide backup administration functions to include setting up backup processes and verification processes; perform failure monitoring and recovery procedures
- Relocate and replace servers, including cable and power setup, as necessary
- Interface with project team members and management to meet user needs
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in server management and support techniques including server hardware, operating systems, VMware virtualization, internetworking, security and file administration, scripting, and all day-to-day operational support functions
- Strong background with RHEL/CentOS operating systems
- Strong Linux troubleshooting skills
- Discipline needed to maintain a consistent environment consisting of Linux, VMware, and Enterprise Storage
- Bash scripting experience
- Demonstrated experience in a analyzing networks and managing servers
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP)
- Strong knowledge of operating systems; webservers; network services; routing, switching, wired and wireless topologies
- Strong knowledge of security threats and how to mitigate them
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent independent, analytical problem solving (root/cause), research, and resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and prioritize/handle multiple task simultaneously
- Ability to work successfully in both a team environment and independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications, as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or a related field and 4 - 6 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- RHSA or higher certification
- Experience with automation (Ansible preferred)
- Windows experience
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.