Apply now »
Finance Reporting & Compliance Specialist MENA
ES, Madrid | | | ID: 4780
Career opportunity with the global leader in renewable energy solutions.
Do you have the skills and competencies to succeed in a challenging and exciting role?
Do you have the ambition to potentially lead a team of Controlling, Reporting and Compliance specialists in the future and the required international mobility?
Do you want to be part of one of the most interesting renewable markets in the world?
Are you extrovert and passionate about trust, transparency, accountability and simplicity?
About the JobReporting to the Head of Finance for MENA ( Middle-east and North Africa) , the role is responsible for financial controlling, reporting and compliance aspects of the Finance MENA, including but not limited to below. Currently located in Madrid, this position could potentially move to one of the major MENA hubs in the medium term.
- Secure compliant, transparent, accurate and on-time financial reporting in the various countries in the MENA region, adhering to both Vestas GAAP and Local GAAP.
- Liaise both with the Vestas Group departments and Local country authorities and consultants to secure full understanding of accounting standards and tax regulations.
- Deliver fully fledged GAAP and SAP fit/gap analysis in preparation to entering new markets.
- Specialize in the financial processes and optimize those in collaboration with our Financial Shared Service Center.
- Coordinate and simplify Group and Local audit execution.
- Manage the strict internal control documentation requirements within Vestas MENA.
- Assist in developing financial systems and controls.
- Ensure completion of all statutory returns including VAT, Intrastat and any local reporting (statistics), excise, duty and Local tax.
- Lead/participate in cross functional projects.
- Optimize the budgeting and forecasting process of B/S, P&L and cashflow.
- Manage the local treasury efforts, including banking landscape, loans, bonds, FX, documentary credits and guarantees.
- Handle local insurance claims.
- Coordinate efforts on travel- and business expense reporting.
- Relevant master's degree in finance
- At least 5 years of relevant financial working experience
- Extended experience with finance, audit, tax and compliance
- Expert in SAP and SAP/BI
- Good understanding of the tax and customs rules prevalent
- Strong knowledge about international accounting guidelines and principles
- Manager experience is a benefit
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience Working in the Middle-east is highly valued
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Complying to both the Vestas GAAP and local GAAP, requires strong ability to understand complex and diverse accounting standards and tax rules
- To liaise effectively with both with the Vestas Group departments and Local country authorities and consultants, you must be extrovert, transparent and collaborative.
- You must be organized, self-motivated, and be able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand the business and how to bridge your financial competencies actual risks and opportunities
- Commitment to honesty, confidentiality and integrity.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Able to push boundaries under challenging conditions.
- Outgoing personality: Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams within a multicultural organization.
- Presentation skills: needs to be able to explain Finance relevant subjects to Non-Finance colleagues.
- Fluency in Arabic is benifit
What we offerWe offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development, and a great opportunity to develop into a managerial role.
The role is currently based in Madrid but covers the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, which is one of the most exciting new emerging markets in the Renewable Energy space.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels:
Apply now »