Fort Meade, MD, US
Software Engineer, Senior
The Challenge:Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to help build a system that will have a positive impact on an important mission set in the intelligence community? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We are looking for a developer with the skills needed to build out a solution from vision to production-ready system.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using multiple programming languages and existing client equities, you’ll build an analyst data processing and display application. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you’re developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change intelligence gathering for the better.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
- 7 years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, and system integration activities, including new and legacy systems
- 5 years of experience with applicable programming languages, including Java, C++, C, or Python
- Experience with Java coding using Eclipse IDE, software compilation using Maven, Java development using the Spring Framework API, and Java service integration, Spring integration, Mule, and Apache Camel
- Experience with source code control systems, unit testing using JUnit testing framework, development using XML, UNIX shell scripting, and object-oriented Java programming
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation
- Ability to perform scripting
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree and 7 years of experience in a professional work environment or 12 years of experience in a professional work environment in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Web UI, including Apache Tomcat, Tornado, Grails, and Node.js
- Experience with a relational database management system, including PostgresSQL or MySQL, data Cloud technologies, including Hadoop framework, Hbase or Accummulo, or MongoDB
- Experience with integration and messaging, including JMS messaging and AMQP messaging and business rules engines
- Experience with infrastructure, including monitoring tools and Zookeeper and software documentation, including Javadoc, Sphinx, or Doxygen
- Experience with software development management, including Atlassian Tool Suite or related tools, such as Bamboo, Clover, Confluence, Crowd, Crucible, FishEye, GreenHopper, JIRA and Stash, and Nexus
Clearance:Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change. CMD