The world is getting digitalized faster than we can blink. Including & especially in the world of marketing – in how we engage with our audiences to how consumer good companies go to market. Today, we cannot consider digital marketing as a separate entity, it’s well inter-twined.
At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now are at the front of the digital revolution.
At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres – delivering powerful game changing insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers. We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data with website performance with eComm & online sales data and so much more.
This allows for incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our ambitions in the latest edition of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a revolutionary within our business.
About the role
The Search & Performance Analyst (WL2A) is a digital native, obsessed with how people access information online across any internet-connected device. You are responsible for the analysis of search data (paid & organic) & overall digital performance to bring insight to the internal customers of the People Data Centre (PDC) organisation.
As a key part of the delivery team for Unilever’s PDC vision, this role exists to make sense of vast amounts of data in a way that enable Unilever’s marketers to act and improve the way they engage with our consumers. The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of analytics to marketers and team members alike.
- Supervise and as required, undertake keyword research and analysis across territories for Unilever brands and categories using a range of manual and automated tools
- Supervise and as required, undertake SEO audits (E.g. Technical / Back-Link) and analysis, resulting in the production of optimisation recommendations that will be communicated to the relevant web-development agency /team
- Construct search etymologies, with an ability to construct their own storylines with data from this
- Translate all available Unilever and competitor data and insight into a content and asset gap analysis, which will then inform the creation of a business case supporting the future production and amplification of content / assets to meet these consumer needs
- Input directly to the LCP strategy for the Oral Care Category – across key brands & markets to ensure we are driving maximum impact as an overall portfolio
- Create a framework to track consumer traffic for effectiveness & efficiencies across different consumer touchpoints (paid, owned, earned media); translating these into actionable insights (KPIs, goals etc.)
- Aggregate existing data / research such as keyword analysis, PPC performance reports, consumer journey mapping, social listening, web analytics, etc to produce Paid and Owned optimisation recommendations, whilst also identifying gaps that require incremental research
- Synthesize internal/external dashboards & data to deliver a reporting cadence against key campaigns & key eCommerce activities
- Create reports showing web analytics data and site evaluation
- Connect business, marketing and communications objectives together, using data and insight to support the achievement of these objectives
- Communicate research and analysis to relevant project stakeholders ensuring they understand the findings, and take part in discussions about implications and next steps
- Part of the Consumer & Market Insight PDC Teams
- Deliver responsibility to Oral Care Digital Team
- Will deliver multiple project simultaneously; time & resource is managed by PDC Delivery Hub Search Lead
- Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are created to a high standard & consistency
- Will engage with internal media teams & external media partners, as relevant, along with brand leads
Skills and Experience
- Passion for analysis and insight discovery
- Experience in corporate storytelling or the communication of complex information in a simplified way
- Experience manipulating and analysing large datasets
- Familiar with keyword tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, KeywordIO, Ubber Suggest, etc
- Familiar with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Brightege, Moz, Ahrefs and/or Search Metrics
- Proven SEO experience
- High level of experience in data analysis techniques and advanced Excel
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for producing client reports and presentations
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- Understanding of SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and SimilarWeb
- Appreciation of digital media KPIs/ metrics
- Hands-on experience of measuring and analysing online marketing campaigns, ideally multichannel including; organic and paid search, email, affiliate, display and social
- Understanding of biddable media, ideally Search Engine Marketing, either within a media agency or client-side role
- Passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business
- Eager to grow within Unilever and move around the business (career path likely to be within wider analytical pool)
- Appetite to learn the ‘art of the possible’ and then capitalise on this in next role
- Self-starter able to ‘muck in’ as required and pick up ways of working quicklyA functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- European languages are also a benefit - French, Italian & German. Other European languages are very welcome
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact.
We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a consistent difference.